Proprioceptive inlays are sensomotoric-stimulating foot orthotics, which affect on the proprioceptive perception capability of the organism. The proprioceptive sensibility – often called kinesthesia or depth perception – is in charge for and organises the stance-, strength- and motion sense over the mechanical stress of your receptor system. The information arrives out of the own body. Proprioceptive foot orthotics stimulate the sole of foot receptors, which initiate an active correction.
Proprioceptive inlays are used at the following indications
- Pain therapy of the spine and the joints due to muscular dysbalance
- Coordination dysfunction/ perception dysfunction
- Pressure pain of joints an spine
- Non urgent heel spur
- Spasticity (paralysis)
- Heavy diabetes with neurophatic disruption
- urgent heel spur
- arterial obstructive disease
Mode of action of proprioceptive inlays:
What is proprioception?
Proprioception or proprioreception describes the perception of body movement and body location in a room.
The information arrives out of the own body.
- neuromuscular spindles are responsible for the fine adjustment and quickness of reaction
- goglicells in the fibres
- joint receptors inside the joint cysts for the joint position
- mechano receptors inside the joint cysts for the motion
The sensomotoric system gets information from the receptors about the posture, muscular tension and motion. The sensomotoric system is in charge of controlling stored patterns of movement of the musculoskeletal system and also of learning new patterns of movement.
The inlays’ effect is reached through the sense of the sole while walking or standing. The sole of the foot is the body’s only area, which is able to gather information with the help of our bodyweight and transmit them via our nervous system to the brain. The brain assimilates this and sends new data to the effector organ to carry out a certain reaction.
The inlays’ configuration occurs via different pressure pads out of miscellaneous materials and also by lowering down of certain areas.